Pages

Cooking!!!

So there is one more part of this blog that I haven't really talked about, that I want to include also! FOOD!!! I love food! I dont just mean eating it, I mean cooking, grilling, broiling, steaming and more important then all of that is experimenting with it! I love to cook in anyway that that can entail! I really love to make food and experiment with it.

So to start with I am going to talk about an experiment that I did the other day. We were running low on food and we really needed to go grocery shopping. So I went to Raley's and just picked up a few things. I picked up some asparagus, green onions, carrots, fresh snap peas, yellow onions, zucchini and an organic short grain brown rice that I have recently discovered and I really like. It is the rice that they usually use if they are making a brown rice sushi. That very much could be the reason that I love it so much!

I already had a pork ball, also called a shoulder roast. This is one of my favorite meats to use. I love the versatility that it has. It is not to expensive yet if you cook it right it is one of the most tender meats that you can find. Not only that but you can use it in any way that you want. I choose that day to cut it up pretty small in strips about 2 inches long. I took the pork and put it into the already hot pan, and gave it a quick hot flash then threw in the vegetables and sauces. I have never made anything Chinese food like before, so I was very interested in how this would come out LOL! The sauces that I used were a teriyaki and a oyster sauce. I added rice vinegar. I covered it an let it all steam. I had the rice in rice cooker that came out perfect.

So its all came out pretty cool! It was really good, simple and quick. The only thing that I would have done differently is put in the carrots, asparagus, and green onions in after everything had a chance to cook a bit, cause those particular veggies were over cooked when all was said and done.

I  really loved how quick and simple this all came out to be you cook it all until the veggies are cooked and served over rice. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quick and delicious meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

EA Sports

Games Under $20